Chickpea and Eggplant Curry with Mint Chutney is a tasty and generous dish that is well known in Indian cooking. Made with delicate chickpeas and tasty eggplant, this dish makes certain to be a group pleaser. The expansion of mint chutney gives the dish a new, tart flavor that is ideally suited for adjusting the flavors.
Chickpea and Eggplant Curry With Mint Chutney Fixings:
- 1 can chickpeas, depleted and washed
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 huge onion, finely cleaved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato glue
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- New mint leaves, for embellish
For the mint chutney:
- 1 cup new mint leaves
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cultivated and cleaved
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- In an enormous pot or Dutch broiler, heat the olive oil over medium intensity. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and cook until the onion is clear, around 5 minutes.
- Mix in the tomato glue, turmeric, cumin, coriander, paprika, and garam masala. Cook for 2-3 minutes, mixing regularly, until the flavors are fragrant.
- Add the eggplant to the pot and cook for 5 minutes, until it starts to mellow.
- Mix in the chickpeas and vegetable stock. Heat the blend to the point of boiling, then, at that point, decrease the intensity to low and let stew for 10-15 minutes, until the eggplant is delicate and the sauce has thickened.
- While the curry stews, make the mint chutney. In a blender or food processor, join the mint leaves, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lemon squeeze, water, and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Season the curry with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve the curry over rice, embellished with new mint leaves and a spot of mint chutney as an afterthought.
This Chickpea and Eggplant Curry with Mint Chutney is a tasty and fulfilling dish that is ideal for a comfortable night in. The mix of delicate chickpeas and eggplant in a hot tomato-based sauce is delightful and filling, and the mint chutney adds a new, tart flavor that is the ideal supplement to the flavors. Whether you really love Indian cooking or only searching for a delicious and quality dinner, this dish makes certain to be a hit!
Read More: Butter Chicken Recipe (Chicken Makhani)