Honey Walnut Shrimp is a popular dish in Chinese food that originated in the coastal region of Zhejiang. This dish is an ideal balance of sweet and savory flavors, making it a favorite among the people who love seafood and appreciate attempting new dishes. The dish features new shrimp that is coated in a sweet and creamy sauce and then threw with honey-glazed walnuts. The contrasting surfaces of the fresh walnuts and delicious shrimp are what make this dish genuinely special.
Honey Walnut Shrimp Fixings:
- 1 pound large shrimp, stripped and deveined
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweetened dense milk
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 egg white
- Salt to taste
- Wash the shrimp under cool water and pat them dry with paper towels. Add cornstarch to the shrimp and throw to equitably coat.
- In a large wok or profound fryer, heat the oil to 375°F. Add the shrimp to the hot oil and sear until brilliant brown and firm, about 2-3 minutes. Eliminate the shrimp from the oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small bowl, combine as one honey, mayonnaise, and sweetened consolidated milk. Put away.
- In a separate pan, toast the walnuts over medium-high heat until they become brilliant brown. Put them away.
- In a blending bowl, beat the egg white until solid peaks structure. Add the honey combination to the egg whites and blend well.
- Pour the honey combination over the seared shrimp and throw to coat. Add the toasted walnuts and throw again to uniformly coat the shrimp.
- Serve the Honey Walnut Shrimp immediately with steamed rice.
- While coating the shrimp with cornstarch, make sure to shake off any overabundance prior to searing. This will guarantee that the shrimp will be fresh and not greasy.
- To keep the walnuts from adhering to the pan, mix them constantly while toasting them.
- Adjust the amount of honey to your inclination. Assuming you like your food on the sweeter side, add more honey.
Shrimp is a low-calorie, high-protein food that is also plentiful in vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids. Walnuts are a great wellspring of healthy fats, protein, and fiber. The combination of shrimp and walnuts in this dish makes it a nutritious and filling meal.
Honey Walnut Shrimp is a heavenly and novel dish that is cherished by many. Its sweet and savory flavor profile and contrasting surfaces make it a standout dish in Chinese food. This dish is also easy to make and can be filled in as a main course or as an appetizer. If you’re a fan of seafood and want to have a go at a novel, new thing, check this recipe out and you will not be disappointed!